Bay Side Mustangs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General purpose is to promote public appreciation of the efforts put forth by individuals in restoring and maintaining Ford Mustangs

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cant Shift out of Park Position

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cant Shift out of Park Position Empty Cant Shift out of Park Position Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:09 am

phipps3bwc

Bay Side Mustangs Member

1992 Mustang LX that I cannot shift out of Park. The button is super hard to press in. I am pressing the brake pedal to the floor but it still wont work. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2Cant Shift out of Park Position Empty Re: Cant Shift out of Park Position Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:56 pm

03blkstanggt

03blkstanggt
Bay Side Mustangs Member

is the cable binded up? or did it snap completely? or is it not connected the the trans nicely.

http://www.fquick.com/03blkstanggt

3Cant Shift out of Park Position Empty Re: Cant Shift out of Park Position Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:15 pm

phipps3bwc

Bay Side Mustangs Member

The cable is fine, it has something to do with a neutral safety switch but I am not familiar with automatics. You have to push the button in with both hands to get it to come out of park even with the brake pressed. The ford manual says to turn the ignition on, press the brake, pull up on the emergency brake then put it in neutral to reset it. I did that and it worked for like two times taking it out or park then stopped working again. I was just wondering what switch/relay/fuse etc.... could be causing this. Thanks for the response.

4Cant Shift out of Park Position Empty Re: Cant Shift out of Park Position Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:10 pm

03blkstanggt

03blkstanggt
Bay Side Mustangs Member

im not sure on the foxes what fuses they are, i know my car has about 6 different fuses in the manual that shows it goes to the automatic trans.

http://www.fquick.com/03blkstanggt

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum